We know technology is an increasingly important tool for empowering our everyday lives with the resources we need to get things done. Our mission to help others leverage technology to accomplish more made our partnership with Comp-U-Dopt® a natural fit. They are a non-profit with locations across Texas, as well as various regions of the U.S. where they work to provide technology access and education to youth from underserved communities.
“The decision to partner with Aldridge was a no-brainer as their mission aligns closely with our own. As a technology partner for companies across the U.S., Aldridge has access to a stream of potential resources that can help spread awareness around what we do here at Comp-U-Dopt® and increase the number of donated devices we receive. Together Aldridge and Comp-U-Dopt are partnering together to bridge the digital divide.”
Comp-U-Dopt® was founded in 2007, with a vision that all children deserve equal access to education and opportunity. We began working with their organization in 2021, and plan to continue to collaborate with their team to source donations by leveraging our position as an IT partner to businesses across regions of Houston, Austin, Dallas, Fort Worth, and San Antonio, Texas, as well as Seattle, Washington. Our nationwide presence enables our team to spread awareness and allow our friends, clients, and business partners to support their cause.
Past Comp-U-Dopt® Events & Our Donations
So far, we have worked with Comp-U-Dopt® to sponsor their Houston-area 2021 Annual Clay Shoot Fundraiser this past April. We have also collected over $5,500 worth of donated technology devices from our clients and staff this year.
We’re proud of the enthusiasm and support our team has shown in supporting these efforts and are excited to see what the future of our partnership with Comp-U-Dopt® has in store. Check out these photos of our team at this year’s Clay Shoot Fundraiser hosted by Blackwood Gun Club in Conroe, Texas.
“Our partnership with Aldridge has already made it easier to provide underserved youth with the technology resources and education they need for success. We’re excited to continue working with them to fulfill our mission and are grateful for the enthusiasm and dedication their team has exhibited from the start.”
Future Events & Volunteer Opportunities
We’re excited to continue our partnership with Comp-U-Dopt® by sponsoring future events and supporting their efforts with donations we receive from our partners, clients, and employees. Here’s a quick look at what’s in the works:
- Warehouse Volunteer Day (Ongoing)
- Sort through hardware donations and refurbish computers. Typical tasks include testing monitors, sorting and wrapping cables, cleaning computer equipment, inventory counting, and more.
- Program Volunteer (Summer and Fall 2021)
- Held at the Houston-based Tech Hub, volunteers will assist classroom trainers in leading student camps and workshops and work directly with elementary and middle school students to complete hands-on technology activities and programs.
- Telethon Volunteer (August 12, 2021)
- KHOU will host the second annual Computers for Our Kids Telethon in support of Comp-U-Dopt®. Volunteers will help answer the phones and take pledges from the community.
- Oktoberfest (October 14, 2021)
- Join in for a fun night of live music, a Silent and Live Auction, and sampling of local Houston breweries to help support the Comp-U-Dopt® mission.
Want to Donate or Volunteer?
If you would like to participate or are interested in donating Comp-U-Dopt®, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will point you in the right direction. It’s important to note, devices must meet the following criteria to be accepted for donation:
- Laptops, desktops, and monitors that are less than 5 years old (including macs)
- Intact hard drive
- Please include the power cords where possible
- Tablets, tv’s, routers, appliances, servers, and printers cannot be accepted
- Visit the Comp-U-Dopt® Donation FAQs page to learn more