What is Calendly?
Calendly is a web-based automated scheduling software that simplifies the process of scheduling meetings with people outside of your organization by allowing invitees to choose the meeting time that works best for them, eliminating back-and-forth email exchanges.
Multiple meeting types – hold one-on-one or group meetings, or distribute meetings to your team based on their availability.
Notifications – automatically send a confirmation message to invitees after they’ve scheduled a meeting, and send them reminders before the meeting starts.
Buffers – use buffers to add extra time before or after calendar events to avoid back-to-back meetings, or use them to prevent people from scheduling last minute meetings.
Limits – cap the number of meetings that can be scheduled per day.
Time zone detection – display your availability in your invitee’s time zone.
Customization – remove Calendly’s branding from your scheduling page and meeting notifications.
Getting started with Calendly is easy—simply sign up with your email address and log in to your account to manage your settings and add your calendar.
Connecting your calendar
Calendly works with Office 365 (Outlook), Google and iCloud and syncs with your calendars so you’re never double-booked.
- Go to the calendar connection page, then choose the option to connect your Office 365, Google or iCloud calendar and log in using your account credentials.
- If there is more than one calendar on your account, you can choose which ones Calendly will check for conflicts.
- Select the calendar that you want Calendly to add scheduled events to.
Sharing your scheduling link
- Log in to your Calendly account and locate your scheduling link in the top right corner of the dashboard.
- Copy the link to your clipboard and paste it into your message to an invitee.
You can also add your scheduling link to email signature to boost visibility and increase the number of meeting requests you receive.
How much does Calendly cost?
Calendly offers three price tiers—basic, premium and pro.
- Basic – no cost option that offers access to Calendly’s essential features, including calendar integration, unlimited event scheduling and a personalized scheduling link.
- Premium – $10 per user, per month gives users access to unlimited event types and pooled availability for teams, integrations with GoToMeeting and Zoom, and Calendly’s customization options.
- Pro – for $15 per user, per month you can take advantage of all of Calendly’s premium features, as well as support for Salesforce, PayPal and Google Analytics integrations.
Want to know when more posts like this get added to the blog?
Provide your email address and we’ll send you a monthly update of the latest blogs, videos, and news from Aldridge.