What is LastPass?
LastPass is a password management app that creates and stores passwords for your online accounts in a secure and easily accessible digital vault.
Between home and work, the average person has 90 online accounts. How are you supposed to remember 90 usernames and strong, unique passwords? With LastPass, you can stop relying on your memory and finally shred that piece of paper with all of your passwords on it.
How does LastPass work?
When you create a LastPass account, you’ll be required to create a strong master password for your vault. Your master password should be at least eight characters long and should contain letters, numbers and symbols.
Your LastPass vault is backed up regularly and syncs across all your devices, so you can access your passwords anytime from anywhere.
There are three ways to access your LastPass vault—via the browser extension, mobile app and LastPass.com.
- Download and install the LastPass browser extension, available for Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Opera and Microsoft Edge.
- Add site credentials to your vault manually, through import or let LastPass save your passwords as you log in.
- Look for the LassPass input field icons to autofill your information when logging into your online accounts.
- Download the LastPass mobile app, available for iOS, Android and Windows Phone.
- LastPass will autofill your username and password when logging into your apps.
Password generator — LastPass can create a new strong password for your various online accounts.
Secure notes — store encrypted backup copies of important items such as passports and credit cards.
Multi-factor authentication — add a second layer of security to your LastPass account.
How much does LastPass cost?
LastPass offers five price tiers—free, premium, family, team and enterprise.
- Free — no cost option with access to all of the features listed above.
- Premium — one user for $2/month; additional features include emergency access and one GB of encrypted file storage for critical documents.
- Family — up to six users for $4/month; includes all premium features, plus a vault for every user.
- Team — five to 50 users for $2.42 per user/month; designed for businesses; additional features include an admin dashboard, security policies and basic reporting.
- Enterprise — five or more users for $4 per user/month; designed for businesses; includes advanced security policies, federated login with active directory and more.
At Aldridge, our team of IT professionals can provide your business with the resources it needs to reach its potential. We specialize in service and support, and can deliver a strategy that effectively manages your IT. Our approach relieves clients of the hassle of technology management so they can focus on running their business. Contact an Aldridge representative to learn how we can help your business leverage emerging technology.